Friday, March 25, 2011

Gods Temple



The picture at the left was me March of 2010. The picture at the right is me now.


1 Corinthians 6:19 says that "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.


I have thought about this verse a lot in the past year. My body is not my own It belongs to God. Looking back I really didn't get it till I was looking back over old pictures and noticed I was was not taking care of the body that the lord gave me. Not only was I not eating right I was not spiritually right either. I wasn't feeding myself spiritually either not turning to him I was turning to other things like food.


After my sister passed away I won't lie I was a little mad at God for taking her away from me. But that picture was taken a month after she passed away how did I let my self get to that point and would I have let it get worse than that? See I am an emotional eater I turn to food instead of GOD or anyone else. To tell you the truth it took me until July to start walking and September to go to weight watchers. In September I realized that I was not only not taking care of my body or was not spiritually right. What was going to do about it. My good friend Taylor kept telling me about weight watchers but I just was not ready. You have to be ready to do it for yourself. You can not do it for others. So September 29Th 2010 I walked into my first weight watchers meeting scared to death that everyone would judge me. (or was it Satin telling me that I was not going to do this right either) Wow was I wrong everyone there was very welcoming and told you how to get started. They cheered each other on. I have gone back almost every week since then. To date I have lost 37.7 pounds. I am with in 5 pounds of my goal weight :) There have been ups and downs a first I was losing then all of a sudden I stopped losing but I couldn't let that get me down. I could not listen to that little voice saying see I told you... You can't do this right either... I hate that little voice.

I could not have done this without the love of my wonderful first love GOD! He is truly the first Love of my life. I know now that I need him in everything I do not just the small stuff. I need to trust in him for all things not just the small stuff. I said to my self in September last year. God made the Heaven and the Earth they were pretty big so why not give him the big stuff too. Since then I have been trying to give him everything. ( he still reminds me of thing on a daily basis that I have not given him) :)


God has taught me a lot about myself since September to love myself. That the only one I need to please is GOD no one else. I still have struggles with a lot of things but think I might be on the right track for now. Putting God First was the best thing I have done in a long time. :)




5 comments:

  1. You are SO beautiful! Inside and out. I am amazingly blessed and honored to be able to call you my friend. Your courage and strength is a testiment to your faith. It glows just like you do! I love you Shirley! -Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shirley, I am so so very proud of you!!! You have grown so much within the time that I have known you. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Your testimate comes deep from within your heart and I know your words will impact many. Love to you!! Angi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Shirly, this is great. I always love reading your story's and situations you go through and how you conqure them on your walk with our amazing heavenly father.
    Good job. You go girl.

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was awesome and so inspiring to read. I am so proud of you, Shirley. You are an inspiration to many. I loved how you put God first and you admit your weaknesses. God is your strength in your weakness. Your blog inspired me to want to write more, too. You're a great writer. I think I will post a new blog soon! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you girly! You have always been beautiful and your weight loss does not change that. However, I am glad you are getting healthy and being obedient to the Lord!!

    I recently had the same epiphany from God about taking care of the body He has given me. I began eating healthy foods, quit drinking regular pop, and I'm getting ready to start exercising as soon as my lungs are clear of bronchitis. It is going to be a long road, but I am amazed that once I handed over this area of my life to God how easy it has been to make healthy choices for my life. He is so good and faithful.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete