Friday, November 26, 2010

New to this






Well here it goes my first blog ever.........

My verse that I have been living by for 2 years now is proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your paths straight. hmmmm. Well let me tell you how hard that has been the last two years. Lets see My grandma who was like a second mother passed away that really rocked my world. To this day I just wish I could pick up the phone and call her. Tell her all my thought and fears. In March Matt grandfather passed away. Then my best friends Dad who was like a second dad to me died all of a sudden. At that point I just kept reading this verse I just don't understand Lord why you take such good people from us. I know there is a plan but I'm not understanding Lord. Just when I think life is going to get easy (does it ever get easy????) My Uncle Allen who was and is one of the men I look up to in life you could say he was one of my hero's in life got sick from the Cancer that was eating away at him. On July 4th Matt and I went to visit him for the last time that night I prayed for him to go be with Jesus the next day he passed away. Wow God I just don't understand your plan I said to God that day.......... I still miss him so much :( Then on Feb. 11 2010 I got the worst call in my life It was a call from my mother saying my sister had passed away in the night uggggggggggggggggggg why God why why why how could you take her from me how does this fit into your plan. She wasn't even sick how could you do this God, I was so mad at him.... It made me mad my sister would never meet my future children. We were going to get old together and sit on my front porch and rock in our chairs come on God do you not know the plans I have made. Then I am reminded that he has a plan wow. Yesterday we celebrated our first Thanksgiving with out my sister. Wow it was so hard not having her there but she was there in our hearts and our memories. I don't believe I would have made it threw this last two years without my faith in God he has been holding me up this last two years and somedays still hold me up. I still don't understand his plan but someday when I'm in heaven he will show me my book that he is the author of.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post Shirley. Life is tough, but it there is comfort in knowing that God has a plan through good and bad. I love your heart and your strong faith in Him. Love you!

    ReplyDelete